Pork Tenderloin with honey and garlic
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 pieces Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tbsp butter (or your choice of oil)
- 1 tаblеspооn sаlt
- 1 tаblеspооn pеppеr
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tаblеspооn оniоn pоwdеr
- 1 tеаspооn chili pоwdеr
- 1 tаblеspооn frеsh mincеd thyme (optional)
- 1 tаblеspооn frеsh mincеd rоsеmаry (optional)
For Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tаblеspооn garlic mincеd
- 1/2 cup light sоy sаucе
- 1/3 cup оrаngе juice
- 1 tbsp cоrnstаrch + 2 tbsp cold water fоr slurry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pat dry the pork tenderloin with a paper towel and prick all over with a fork.
- Mix all the rub ingredients in a small bowl and spread it over the pork tenderloin. Let rest for approx. 30 minutes
- Using a skillet over medium-high heat add butter (or oil). Place marinated pork tenderloin in a skillet and sear it from all sides until brown.
- Place skillet in preheated oven for 20min. In a separate saucepan add all the ingredients for honey garlic sauce except, water and cornstarch. Bring it to boil.
- Mix cold water and cornstarch together to make a slurry. Mix into the saucepan while it boils.
- Remove pork from oven and baste with sauce all over and bake again for 3-4min until sauce is caramelized.
- Let rest for 5min. Slice thin, sauce it, and garnish with freshly chopped rosemary and thyme.
Chef Note: You can skip step 3 if you do not have an ovenproof pan and place the tenderloin directly into a roasting pan and into the oven. The flavour profile will change slightly but it will still be delicious.